About Me

My photo
I'm a burlesque dancer out of New Jersey. I perform all up and down the East Coast and this blog will be all about my videos, shoots, and just... random stuff with me!

Friday, June 27, 2014

Apparently I'm a celebrity!

So. As a few of you know, I work in childcare. I work in a center in an infant age classroom.

As far as I knew nobody knew about well, me. Except one girl who I work with who I have known since high school and helped get me the job in the first place.

I have an Instagram (who doesn't these days?), two Facebook pages, and a Facebook Fan Page. My Instagram is locked down (you have to request to follow me). My personal page is non searchable. The other two you could find if you just searched Lily Stitches. I follow a local nail salon where I get my nails done, and sometimes when she does crazy stuff on my nails she posts it. Or I'll "like" something on it. Or she'll tag me. No big deal.

A girl I work with in my room is 17, and she follows the same nail tech. She saw the nail picture, put two and two together and was like "OH OKAY." and Googled her heart out. While her other 17 year old friend was with her. Who went to another friend, and more.

This is bound to happen, so I'm not completely offended. But I -DO- get offended when a girl who I have little to no problem with (my only problem with her is that she's not very good with the kids and is pretty obnoxious. Also goes around screaming about her fake IDs, partying, etc.) finding out then GOING TO THE DIRECTOR OF MY JOB TELLING HER SHE'S OFFENDED BY ME AND ISN'T COMFORTABLE WITH ME WORKING WITH CHILDREN.

This brings me back to this post that I made last year. I am not hurting the kids. I am not hurting any of my coworkers by doing what I do. If I offend you, I offend you. Don't try to pull my job out from under me for it. From what the grapevine has told me, this went down about a month ago, and if I were to be fired I feel like I would have been fired by now.

But fast forward to yesterday I was sitting at work. All of the kids were sleeping, so it was the 17 year old, a 19 year old substitute, and myself. The substitute was asking me about some cosplay help (She wants to make Poison Ivy) and we were just talking about that kinda stuff when she said, "Well... I kinda hear you... were a dancer?"

FFFFUUUUCK.

Apparently another girl had heard about my little "secret" and told the sub about it. I asked her how it even came up. She said it was random because they were just talking about different classrooms and I just kinda popped up in conversation. Again, this is what I do. The girl isn't spreading lies. But jeez, who knew I'd be so popular! I'm also glad that these girls are so bored with their own lives that they think they can somehow try to bring me down for living the life I love.

Oof.

So I'll post updates on the job front if/when they come to me.. but until then I will leave with a song in my heart and a spring in my step!


No comments:

Post a Comment